FISCAL SPONSORSHIP: 6 WAYS TO DO IT RIGHT now in its 3rd edition
Gregory L. Colvin’s Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways To Do It Right was first published in 1993 and has been in print continuously ever since. In those 27 years, “fiscal sponsorship” has entered the nonprofit lexicon, and the sponsorship models have gained widespread acceptance. The book’s first edition and a second in 2005 have sold an average of a copy a day.
For this 2019 third edition, Colvin and co-author Stephanie L. Petit completely revised and updated the previous editions based on new laws, rulings and court decisions, plus the extensive real-world progress made by innovative fiscal sponsors around the country.
From the Preface, highlights of changes since the second edition
- We now have IRS rulings and court cases that show how fiscal sponsorship can be done well and badly.
- A major collapse of a fiscal sponsor in California led to new legislation installing an early warning system to detect when funds held by a sponsor may be dangerously depleted.
- We’ve added new insights on the use of crowdfunding, online technology, donor-advised funds and social enterprises.
- Most importantly, we’ve expanded our treatment of each model so that most of what you need to know about that model is in one place. We continue, in the Postscript, to provide readers with new material and insights, both legal and practical, that affect the conduct of fiscal sponsorship beyond the features of specific models.
- We’ve seen many fiscal sponsors use new online tools to communicate with project leaders, manage the documentation inherent to fiscal sponsorship, and help projects raise money.
The 3rd edition of Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways To Do It Right is available ONLY from Study Center Press at FiscalSponsorDirectory.org
SPECIAL OFFER: Readers of this site can use PROMOCODE10 for a 10% discount on book orders thru February 2021
ON THE 3RD EDITION
Co-authors Stephanie Petit and Greg Colvin at the Adler & Colvin launch party for Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways To Do It Right, Oct. 2019
About the Publisher
All three editions of Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways To Do It Right have been published by Study Center Press, an imprint of the nonprofit San Francisco Study Center, which has been offering fiscal sponsorship services to the community since 1975. The third edition of 6 Ways is available only from Study Center Press and may be ordered at the FiscalSponsorDirectory.org website, also maintained by the Study Center.